In South Lincolnshire last year we dealt with 13,992 enquiries from 10,573 clients, covering a wide range of topics, the most important of which related to benefits, debt advice, housing advice, employment and consumer issues.
We helped to generate a total of £2.42 million for clients through our income maximisation project, and helped 829 clients who approached us in financial difficulty who had between them an aggregate debt figure of £10.37 million.
In addition to the main areas of enquiry, we also advised clients on problems as diverse as health, immigration, legal issues, and relationships. While our generalist advice service, primarily delivered by our team of dedicated volunteers, remained our core service throughout the year, we also continued to provide specialist and project funded services in our main sites as listed below.
At all main offices:
- Money advice service which is available by appointment following an initial assessment.
- Specialist welfare benefits advice which is available by appointment; following an initial assessment.
- Home visiting service available between 9am and 4pm Monday to Thursday and 9am and 3pm on Fridays for those clients who are disabled, housebound or have real difficulties in accessing our service any other way --- Welfare Benefits.
- Appointments Thursdays 1pm to 4pm with a solicitor from P J Legal (Legal services in family, claims and litigation, wills and probate)
- Appointments Thursday 10am to 4pm with Mind - The National Association for Mental Health.
- Appointments Tuesday 10am to 2pm with Woman’s Aid South Holland. Providing confidential advice, information and support for both men and woman who are suffering Domestic Abuse.
- Appointments, on demand, with a representative from Tax Help for Older People.
- Pension Wise 10am – 3pm
- Appointments on Wednesdays - support and advocacy services to people who suffer from mental health illnesses.
- Addaction appointments on Wednesdays - appointments for support worker to see clients who have drug/alcohol addiction.
- British Legion - drop in service on Wednesdays for anyone requiring assistance applying to British Legion.
- Bird & Co - Family Law - pre-booked appointments every other week on Wenesdays.
- Peterborough Mediation Service – by appointment on Wednesdays.
- Pension Wise
- British Legion - drop in service for anyone requiring assistance applying to British Legion, last Friday of every month.
- Pension Wise
- Bird & Co - Family Law - pre-booked appointments every other Friday.