Trustee with Financial Experience (Voluntary)
Citizens Advice South Lincolnshire (CASL) is one of 271 local Charities that make up the National Citizens Advice network, giving advice to those in need, and lobbying government to put right injustices. The organisation performs well in the current challenging environment, with sound governance and strong finances, operating across a large region from Spalding to Stamford, Grantham and Market Deeping.
Due to retirement, CASL is now seeking to appoint a Trustee with financial experience, to guide and advise the Board and the Chief Officer on the key assumptions and financial implications of CASL’s budgets, operational and strategic plans.
They will monitor CASL’s income and expenditure, and in conjunction with the Chief Officer and other staff, present quarterly reports, including income and expenditure statements and balance sheets, to ensure that Board members understand the implications of accounts.
This is an opportunity for you to:
- join a respected national charity
- make a positive impact for people in your local area, and
- gain valuable board experience and build leadership and strategy skills.
The time commitment would be approximately 5 Board meetings and 5 committee meetings each year, plus an involvement of 1-2 days per month.
For an informal discussion please contact the Chair, Monica Stark, at
For further information, please see our Trustee Information Pack
To make an application, please complete our application form, the trustee skills questionnaire and the trustee diversity form (not used for selection) and include your CV. Please send these documents to Monica Stark, at email@example.com
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, particularly those from eastern European and BAME communities (who are currently under represented at board level).
Research & Campaigns Lead (Voluntary)
An excellent opportunity to volunteer with Citizens Advice South Lincolnshire in this wide-ranging role. If you’re interested in improving the situations of people who are having difficulties with debt, housing, benefits, employment and consumer issues, then this could interest you.
- Work with a team of experienced Research and Campaigns volunteers
- Plan and organize team meetings
- Communicate with others in Citizens Advice South Lincolnshire, including in a range of scheduled meetings and training sessions
- Organize, with the Research and Campaigns team, the relevant campaigns for the year
- Be involved in the analysis of data which forms a base for our local campaigns
- Work closely with the staff Impact Officer over regular communications through social and local media and in contacting other organisations and individuals
- Liaise with national Citizens Advice
Citizens Advice is a trusted organization, ideally placed to influence the way that local and national organisations as well as national government design and improve policy.
As Research and Campaigns Lead, you could take a really important role in this vital work.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.