Advice, information and advocacy for people in Bristol who are:
- Dealing with:
- problems affecting their home including rent arrears
- mortgage arrears
How we can help you
- Help with debt and budgeting advice;
- Advice on your housing rights, homelessness, possession and disrepair;
- Assist in disputes with landlords over repairs with Environmental Health;
- Help you check for benefits and grants and claim them;
- Refer you to one to one support, to assist you into work and training through partner agencies;
- Help you open an account with Bristol Credit Union;
- Help you apply for a loan to put towards the costs of a new tenancy in Bristol;
- Refer you for help to improve the energy efficiency of your home.
There are a number of ways you can get advice from us. You can
You can also contact:
- Shelter's free housing advice helpline on 0808 800 4444 (calls are free from UK landlines and main mobile networks);
- Civil Legal Advice helpline on 0345 345 4345 which provides free, confidential and independent legal advice;
- Other Bristol housing advice agencies: https://www.advicewest.org.uk/advice/12.
Emergency email advice
If you are homeless or being evicted within 14 days you can email us using the form below. If your query is complex you will need to speak to an adviser. We will book you an appointment.
Before you begin please note that our email service is:
- A one off service - If you need further information after receiving our reply, you will need to visit us.
- Emergencies only - We’ll do our best to reply within 2 working days. If you need help sooner, you will need to visit us.
So we can help you, we need to know a bit more about your situation. Everything you tell us will be treated confidentially. Your personal information will not be shared with anyone without your consent. By emailing us, you give consent under the Data Protection Act 1998 to the Citizens Advice service recording sensitive personal information about you.