Independent and impartial advice on money issues. Need to know your rights with regard to:
- Paying your rent or mortgage?
- Bailiffs knocking at the door?
- Making loan payments?
- Considering bankruptcy?
- Court actions for money owed?
- Any other debt issues?
Contact us by:
- Visiting one of our offices (currently closed until further notice)
- Telephoning 0808 278 7996 (09:30 – 16:00 Mon - Fri)
- Emailing email@example.com
- Click here for online advice
When contacting us, please make sure you have information about your income (wages, benefit awards, pensions, other income) and a list of your regular expenses (such as rent, council tax, gas/electricity, water etc). Our Budget Tool can help you with this.
Some frequently asked questions are "I have multiple debts and can't afford to repay any of them." "Can I come to an arrangement to repay a debt more slowly?" "I am being threatened with bailiffs, what can I do?" "I can't afford the mortgage payments on my house." "Can I go bankrupt?" "I owe money on gas/water/electricity and they are threatening to cut me off, what can I do?" "I am being threatened with eviction for non-payment of rent." "What is a Debt Relief Order and am I entitled to one?" "Which of my debts are the most important to pay off?"